How to Find Your AirPods If They Are Offline
You can find your AirPods if they’re offline using the “Find My” app from Apple. “Find My” is basically a tracker that Apple users can use in case they lose one of their devices.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to locate your lost AirPods using the Find My app on different devices, even if your AirPods are offline.
Finding Offline AirPods With Your iPhone/iPad
To locate your offline AirPods on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps:
- Open the “Find My” app
- Under “All Devices,” choose your AirPods
- Click on the car icon to navigate to the AirPods’ location
Finding Offline AirPods Using Mac
You can find your lost AirPods with your Mac by doing the following:
- Open the “Find My” app that comes preinstalled on Mac devices
- From “All Devices”, select your AirPods
- A map will appear, and it’ll display the last known location of your AirPods
Finding AirPods Using PC
Here’s how to find your missing AirPods on your PC:
- Open your preferred browser
- Go to icloud.com
- Sign in with your Apple ID and go through the two-step verification process
- Select “Find iPhone”; a map will appear on the screen
- From the “All Devices” menu, select your AirPods
Replacing Missing AirPods or AirPods Charging Case
If you were unable to find your missing AirPods, you could get a replacement directly from Apple. This only applies if you:
- Lost one or both of the AirPods but still have the charging case
- Lost the charging case but still have one or both of the AirPods
This way, you can get a replacement and pay only for the missing item instead of buying a new pair of AirPods.
Tips to Avoid Losing Your AirPods
Here are some tips and tricks to prevent yourself from losing your AirPods in the future:
- Keep your AirPods inside the charging case when they’re not in use
- Try to charge your AirPods as frequently as possible so that you can find them more easily in case they get lost
- Hook your AirPods to your keychain or bag with a protective case
- Attach an AirTag to your AirPods
Using Lost Mode to Find your Missing Offline AirPods
With Lost Mode, you can share your contact information with any person who finds your missing AirPods. However, that person must have an iOS device for this feature to work.
Here’s how to enable it:
- On your device, go to the “Find My” app
- From Devices, select your missing AirPods
- Tap on “Mark as Lost” and choose Activate
- Continue with the on-screen instructions to share a message with your contact information
With the “Find My” app, you can easily find your lost AirPods even if they’re offline. The service can be accessed on iPhones, iPads, Macs, and PCs.
To make it easier for you to find your AirPods in case they’re lost, make sure that they have enough charge. It might also be a good idea to turn on Lost Mode.