Best Keyboard Stand Review and Buyer’s Guide 2019
A lot of time is often put into picking out a great keyboard, but the keyboard stand is too often an afterthought.
As soon as you check all specifications as well as preferences, you will notice that finding an appropriate stand will affect the way you play regardless where you are and what you’re playing.
Therefore, it is vital to make a proper choice that will help you along the way. If you already found and spent too much time finding the right keyboard, the idea is to set them and protect them in the best possible way.
That way, you can increase comfort and play without any additional hassle. As soon as you reach the feeling good and relaxed state, you will enjoy much more than before. We are here to provide you the list of best keyboard stands that you can find on the market in 2019.
1. Stellar Labs 555-13830
If you wish to see a heavy-duty keyboard stand that will provide you peace of mind when it comes to adjustability, you should consider Stellar Labs 555-13830 adjustable heavy-duty keyboard stand.
Have in mind that you will be able to adjust your feet as well as level the shim, which will provide you additional convenience and comfort for playing. It is a Z-frame stand, which is an excellent choice for your jam room or home studio.
It can easily support large keyboards and will withstand heavy-handed players as well. The Z-frame makes it appropriate for people that enjoy playing seated. Even though it is simple to set it up, it is not that good for taking to gigs.
Since it does not fold up, you will require Allen wrenches (you will get it within the package) that will help you assemble and disassemble it. That is a hassle, primarily because if you deal with low light and tight schedule.
It is not so heavy, but you will not be able to carry it around as other stands. It weighs 19 pounds, and in terms of space and shape, it can work for most keyboards.
You should watch this video so that you can learn more about how to assemble and disassemble it.
2. RockJam Xfinity Keyboard Stand
The RockJam keyboard stand uses traditional X-frame, but it is heavy-duty which means that it comes with double-X version. This is an excellent consideration if you have in mind its affordable price tag, lightweight construction and ability to adjust it with ease.
It can provide you peace of mind when it comes to playing heights, and since it features X-stand, it is not for seated playing, especially if you are taller. In case that you are taller, you will find it challenging to control your legs during the playing.
However, that is not a deal breaker, because even if it lacks in comfort, you will be able to enjoy its portability and simplicity when using. It is a superior choice for gigging stand, and you will fold it down flat, and reduce weight down to eight pounds.
You will get it fully assembled, which means that you will be able to use it right after you unpack it. The locking straps are a great feature that you will love and must have. They have a respectable and dependable safety feature that will protect your instrument.
We recommend you to check out this video so that you can learn more about this particular keyboard stand!
3. On-Stage KS7150 Table Top Keyboard Stand
When it comes to adjustable keyboard stands, you should check out On Stage KS7150 best keyboard stand that will provide you peace of mind. You will be able to make adjustments for platform width and height without any additional problem.
If you wish a solid performer, you will get a sturdy, strong and robust stand that will stand the test of time. You will be able to build it with a second tier unit, which is a straightforward process that will help you along the way.
At the same time, you will be able to fold up hinged legs to make it into simple to transport and compact package. The leg support will give you plenty of room so that you can play both sitting down and standing.
The stand works well, and you will have to sacrifice some stability when you max out the height, but it will provide you a wide array of options when compared with other keyboard stands on the market.
The construction and appearance is classic, which makes it great for studio, stage, and home. It does not matter if you play standing or not, the price tag is expensive when compared with other stands on this list, but you will get a fantastic companion that will stand the test of time.
4. Yamaha L85 Keyboard Stand
Yamaha L85 best keyboard stand is the broadest, most massive and the only stand made out of wood from this particular list.
It is specifically designed so that you can implement Yamaha digital pianos, and as soon as you mount these keyboards on the stand, you will be able to enjoy in piano look alike.
You will get three pedal units that will increase the appearance and possibilities that you can make with the digital piano you own. It is ideal for the keyboard, but it is not portable, so you have to place it permanently somewhere and use it without any additional problem.
The idea is that you can leave it anywhere where you wish it to be, and in common sense, you can treat it as furniture as well. Therefore, you will not be able to adjust it for standing use. The height is also fixed, and it will provide you the feeling of an upright piano.
It is great looking stand and the perfect choice for Yamaha digital piano owners. To learn how to install this particular keyboard stand, you should watch this video!
5. Quik Lok Z-726L Keyboard Stand
If you wish to find a Z-frame keyboard stand that will provide you customizable features, you should consider Quik Lok Z-726l best keyboard stand. You will be able to build it inside the home, studio, workstation, and strip it down in case you wish to take it for gigs.
The idea is that you will need a screwdriver for assembly/disassembly, but overall, it is not complicated to do it. You will be able to find tutorials online, and we will share with you video at the end of the post.
It features significant weight, which means that it comprises 22 pounds, but you will get exceptional stability and rock solid protection for your keyboard. You can choose seven different heights for vertical adjustment, and it can hold up to 250 pounds.
Even though it will not fold down flat, and may not be the perfect choice for traveling purposes, you will be able to stack more than just keyboard on this unit.
It can hold keyboards of course, but you can also use it for more things as well such as synth, recording equipment and many more.
Check out what you will get with this particular keyboard stand on this video!
Best Keyboard Stand Buying Guide
- Household Use or Portable – The question you should ask yourself is how far you will carry it and how much you will do it in the first place. Therefore, you should also consider the life of your keyboard, and whether it will stay in your studio 24/7, or you will pack it up every once a while for a concert. If you wish to travel, check out how quick you will be able to set it up and how much time you will need to do it. Check out also its weight and whether you will be able to transport it.
- Comfort – The less you need to move it, the less you need to think about its weight. Nevertheless, if you are finding the best keyboard stand for gigs, then you should choose the one that will provide you convenience when it comes to moving.
- Standing or Sitting or Both – You should also ask yourself whether you would need a sturdy stand, especially if you are a heavy-handed The more kinetic your style, the more you will need a secure and protective stand that will protect your keyboard. Apart from your technique and preferences, you should choose the one based on your preferences. Some of them feature height adjustment, while others do not.
We have presented you comprehensive reviews and buying a guide on best keyboard stands that you can find on the market in 2019. Of course, the idea is to check out the best ones so that you can make a quality purchase.
Some of them are convenient due to their sturdiness but are not suitable for traveling. Others are great for traveling but have less stability when you are using them. The idea is to find the balance between these features so that you can enjoy all the way.
- High-End Option – On Stage KS7150, best keyboard stand is the perfect choice for your needs mainly due to versatility you will get with it. We think that it is the best because it will provide you the ability to play it both sitting and standing, which will increase your enjoyment. At the same time, you will be able to move it around with ease due to portable and foldable features.
- Budget Option – RockJam Xfinity Keyboard Stand is the most affordable choice on this particular list. Apart from that, you will be able to use it wherever you want due to its efficiency to fold it up and place it in a van with ease. If you have a limited budget and you wish to get value for the money, this is the perfect choice for your requirements.